Bluetooth compability?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
If I buy a bluetooth device from a retail store, thats not a mac brand, such as a logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard, will it work with an internal apple bluetooth card? I know these other retailer items come with their own usb plug and play bluetooth recievers. Are these recievers on different frequencies, or will all bluetooth recievers and transmitters, work together?

L

Lasha

I don't see why the Apple Bluetooth adapter wouldn't catch the signal and work with the bluetooth keyboard and mice from other brands. Not sure about this. Anybody else?

S

sivp

Is it possible to add bluetooth to PowerMac after i already have a mac without bluetooth???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
no, but you can get one of those usb to bluetooth adapters.

Reaction score
Macman said:
no, but you can get one of those usb to bluetooth adapters.

Yeah, I got myself an external usb bluetooth module to connect my phone and synch it with the mac. I use that to transfer ringtones and games to my phone for free.

S

sivp

And this external usb bluetooth can connect to another ibook (w/bluetooth) for example and share files etc..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
jaster said:
If I buy a bluetooth device from a retail store, thats not a mac brand, such as a logitech bluetooth mouse and keyboard, will it work with an internal apple bluetooth card? I know these other retailer items come with their own usb plug and play bluetooth recievers. Are these recievers on different frequencies, or will all bluetooth recievers and transmitters, work together?
Yes, it will work as bluetooth is a industry standard protocoll which makes sure it works the same regardless of which manufacturer you buy from.

The only question is if all the features the mouse has are supported by os x.

For example some logitech devices come with special software for certain functions that isn't available for OSX. But all the standard functions will work.

I think you can't assign all buttons though for some reason, but you might want to test that yourself...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.