• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

got an interview lined up for the apple store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I would take the job if you get it. You get a computer for 25% off. And 3 more at 15% as soon as you start. Same for ipods and iphones 1-25% discount for you and 3-15% discounts for friends and family. You gotta go thru the 2 days of training first though. Plus I won a bunch of stuff for winning some contests for selling .mac and applecare with a new computer. Its not that bad. But it gets to you after a while. Oh yeah and 10% off anything in store.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Its funny how all of you are saying how Apple doesnt want its employees posting on forums like this. They dont tell them crap. We know more about all the rumors and stuff then they do, its not like the managers have shift meetings with the employees and say Jobs says new Macbooks in October. You could go around this forum and find more insider info in a day than getting a group of employees from the apple store together and asking them stuff.

It really doesn't matter what they actually know or do not know. They do not want anyone appearing to represent Apple. That actually has legal implications.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro, 2.5GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.
Unshaved, old dirty jeans w/ holes in them, tattoos, long hair not even combed or styled. Looked like they just got out of bed....

on most jobs, if you showed up to an interview looking like they do, they would ask you to leave.

I guess the Apple culture is different huh?

A good friend of mine who worked in the same field went for a job interview with a large games designer here in the UK, and was informed by one of the interviewers (who was only in his early 20's) that anyone who attended the interview in a suit and tie was immediately crossed off the list!

There seems to be this whole scruffiness = creativity thing going on at the moment which I find really frustrating.

Must I really make myself look like a bum to get a job?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
Dressing for the job is important ;) Just like I scoff at wearing a suit and tie to sit in an office and pour through logs or code :D

Although, the bright green suit with red boots and a purple mohawk was awesome when I had to wear a suit and tie to do graphic arts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I wore jeans and a button down short sleeve shirt. I saw how the people looked who worked in the store looked too. I thought what I wore was more than enough for an interview. No one showed up to my group interview with a suit and tie. It really is a cake interview though. If you vaguely know mac stuff and show them that, your in.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
well Never heard back from them either way, yes or no. guess they didn't pick me. common courtesy would be to contact you even if you were not picked. that how most employers do it anyway. Guess apple does not?

Reaction score
well Never heard back from them either way, yes or no. guess they didn't pick me. common courtesy would be to contact you even if you were not picked. that how most employers do it anyway. Guess apple does not?

they thought you didnt look bum enough on interview.. :D :D :D :D

I personally think you wouldn't fit Apple after reading what you think about their 'dress code' and stuff

C'mon dude open up your mind,
If you don't like something about Apple why did you apply in the first place?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15" Unibody
thats how it goes. alot of employers arent really obligated to contact you whether or not you were chosen

Reaction score
Sounds like your basic interview - been through enough of them to know back in the day. It IS annoying when the potential employer doesn't inform you - just the way it is these days.

When I was in Dilbertville, I always called or sent a letter to those that we didn't hire. Oh, yeah, and called the ones we did. Duh!

I hated being the interviewer more than the interviewee (is that a word)? As far as the clothes go, the employees at the Apple stores that I've been to in SoCal wear some kind of polo shirt with the logo as I recall.

Not that it matters in the least to me when you need someone that actually knows what they're doing. The Geek Squad when I had my PC have uniforms and they were/are the worst! Replaced a CD drive FOUR times that wasn't working while the machine was under warranty. It never did get fixed. I still have a new drive that mysteriously showed up in the mail after I was through with those dudes. In fact, I still have the computer collecting dust somewhere. Sans monitor....

Anyway, sorry for the ramble, good luck on your job search!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 Inch Apple MacBook Pro; 2.40 GHZ, 4GB Ram, 250GB HDD
luucky im really little id apply in like a long time ...teeen.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBookAir5,2:10.13.6-iMac18,3:10.13.6-iPhone9,3:11.4.1
Interesting thread. Honestly, it's never occurred to me to either take, or not take a job based on dress code.

Reaction score
thanks for the info about the interview.. i'll take this into consideration when/if i apply

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.