Converting Outlook to Mac

Reaction score
Ok, so I've done a lot of research in this area... I bought O2M and tried to convert my mail. It did my calendar and address book perfectly fine with absolutely no glitches.

Email on the other hand is another story...

I have about 3 gigs of mail that I absolutely need to transfer over. I tried to do this and O2M managed to grab all the folders, but it did not take all the emails within each folder. Then I tried doing even just one folder at time (i.e. my inbox had 18 emails in it) and it would only take the first message. In some folders, it would grab up to 15 or so... But it definitely discarded plenty of my emails...

Each time I tried it, it did the exact same thing... I emailed O2M, but I have yet to hear a response. I just bought my Mac Book last week and would finally like to be done with the PC, but because my entire job is email-based, I can't part with this PC yet!

By the way, I use POP...

Does anyone have another solution?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
It is a bit of a problem

Elsewhere on the web the suggestion is to use thiunderbird as a bridge.

INstall Thunderbird on the PC, let it convert your outlook mail to thunduerbird.

Transfer the Thunderbird files over to the mac and let thunderbird use the files. Then either convert over to mail or just keep thunderbird as your mail client

OP
S
Reaction score
Thank you!

It is a bit of a problem

Elsewhere on the web the suggestion is to use thiunderbird as a bridge.

INstall Thunderbird on the PC, let it convert your outlook mail to thunduerbird.

Transfer the Thunderbird files over to the mac and let thunderbird use the files. Then either convert over to mail or just keep thunderbird as your mail client

Thanks mate. I'll give it a try!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.