Default E-mail programme problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
I have just transferred over to a MacBook Pro after many years on PC’s.
I have purchased and installed Mac Office and am using Microsoft Entourage as my default mail programme (have selected it in preferences). The only problem is when I click e-mail in other programmes the lick always opens up iMail and not Entourage.

For example in iPhotos if I click on the e-mail button it opens up iMail.

Any ideas please?

Also can anyone suggest a good guide or web site to using the Mac

Many thanks,

Phil

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Welcome to the world of Mac!

The only problem is when I click e-mail in other programmes the lick always opens up iMail and not Entourage. For example in iPhotos if I click on the e-mail button it opens up iMail.

That's fixed through the individual App Preferences, eg. in iPhoto, use its Prefs to select the Email client you wish to use.

Also can anyone suggest a good guide or web site to using the Mac?

You're at one - seriously. Just ask the questions, someone out there knows the answer or can point you in the right direction. There are other forums, but I find this one to be the best.

Other suggestions include the MacOS Help itself, accessible from Finder (your Desktop), the top Menu bar > Help. In addition to that, a lot of Applications have their own Help section, also accessible from the top menu bar.

As for general Mac Help websites, there are numerous ones, including Apple Support; others are best found with a Google search using the keywords Mac Help.

OP
Philmike
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro
Many Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.