Looking For A Special MenuBar Item...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GS 512MB
Recently i've noticed that i seem to be having to type my email address way too much when logging-in to websites etc. ...so im just wondering if there is a menubar item (or possibly widget) that anyone knows of that i can use to store short pieces of text, such as my email address, and then with a single click be able to paste the text into a text field...i've searched but nothing seems to do the job...any ideas appreciated...

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
i seem to be having to type my email address way too much ...any ideas appreciated.

As I understand it, several or more Secure websites, like online banking, require you to type your email address or other identifying detail in every time, simply for security reasons.

However, in FireFox (not sure about Safari, I think it's called Autofill), you can have the browser remember what you type into various fields. FFox > Prefs > Privacy > Remember xxx... you have three options. Check the one about what you enter in forms and search bar.

Second choice (which I often use), is to highlight your email address once it's been typed in a search bar, and then drag that text to one corner of the desktop, where it gets saved as a text clipping. Thereafter, each time you need to enter that email address, simply drag it from the d/top to the search bar or form.

Reaction score
Butler looks really complicated on first look. Can someone highlight its key features (which are not to be found in Quicksilver)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.