Mac Mini sees network will not connect

Reaction score
Just bought a Mac Mini to play with and during the set up, it sees my network and my neighbors. I enter my WEP code and it says it has a problem connecting. I select my neighbors, enter his wep code and I am up and running with no issues.

I doubled checked (even changed and reset the WEP) and still no luck. Can anyone shed some light on what I should look at?

I have a Mac Mini running Tiger (Leopard on the way).
D-link DGL-4300 wireless router

I think my neighbor has a Linksys, but not positive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4
You don't have MAC address filtering turned on, do you? I know that I usually forget about this when I add something to my network!

OP
P
Reaction score
I checked that and even entered the mini's mac address. I know the issue is at the router, but cannot figure it out. How do you set the mini's name? The router asks for a name with the authorized mac address. Thanks.

OP
P
Reaction score
I turned MAC filtering off and then turned it on and said only deny listed machines. Still getting there was a problem connecting to the network try again? Yet it is seemless on my neighbors network.

Any other ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4
Hi PDA,

Have you tried changing the wireless channel on the router? This helps, if there's a lot of nearby traffic all using the same channel.

If you're still having problems, try asking here http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/87/

It's a mainly Windows forum, but we're usually quite nice!

Hope you get it sorted.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.