• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

That poor macbook...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
I suppose that my macbook is jealous:

All of my parts for the new PC that I'm building showed up yesterday. While I was building it, the macbook (lappy) was keeping me entertained with a little bit of music. She's certainly seen better days since Iraq; a cracked bezel, kind of yellowish in color, inverter causes random screen flicker, and the fan is rather loud due to all of the dust from that nasty place. Anyway, lappy is playing music when all of the sudden, she shuts off.

At this point it got what it wanted, my attention. Turned it back on, very sluggish to boot. I get into OS X finally and open up the dashboard and see that the CPU is reporting 88 degrees Celsius! Even worse, the Exauhst fan is reporting 0 rpm :Smirk: Oh well, now I just can't keep it on and watch any multimedia for very long. Anyone have a spare exhaust fan sitting around? I might just pick one up from iFixIt. That's what I get for flashing around a nice new tower in front of my faithful macbook I suppose.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Poor sausage :(.

OP
walmartconnect
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13'' Macbook w/ 2Ghz Core Duo, 2GB DDR2, 250GB HD, 10.5.4. iPod Touch.
Addendum:

The macbook is now laughing at me as my first water cooling system had a small (and now repaired) leak.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.