No internet connection on the Windows side

Reaction score
I just installed Windows Vista on my iMac and the internet on the OS X side works fine, I just plug in the internet cable, but on the Windows side there is no internet connection. It there anything I need to do or set up for windows to have access to the internet?

I don't have a router or anything, the cable goes directly from the modem to the computer

Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
You might need to install the software from your ISP? Did you get a disk from them when you first got it?

OP
R
Reaction score
nope, it didnt need any installations

i notcied that there is a problem with the ethernet controller drivers in windows, but i did install all the boot camp drivers on the OS X installation disc

Reaction score
I am having similar trouble. I just got a legit burned copy of XPSP2 along with a legit CD key, and installed it on my MacBook using BootCamp. Everything runs well except for the fact that I can't connect to the internet.

What can I do?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
nope, it didnt need any installations

i notcied that there is a problem with the ethernet controller drivers in windows, but i did install all the boot camp drivers on the OS X installation disc

You need to get the ethernet driver issue fixed before you can access the internet on the Windows side. Pop in your Leopard disk and manually install the drivers again.

You also state that you're not using a router but going direct from the ISP modem to your computer. That is not recommended when running Windows. A router gives you additional protection which is definitely needed when surfing from Windows.

Regards.

OP
R
Reaction score
Ive searched a lot on this topic and the closest ive gotten to answer is this http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/index.php/t38998.html

It seems like this is a common problem. I cannot say if the above method works, because I didn't feel like going though with it. More and more problems appeared with Vista after the install, I promise you, it is junk. I fixed some but after a while I decided to install XP instead and it was easy and problem free. I install XP, i pop in the OS X install disk with the boot camp drivers and everything works.

I guess Vista is not ready yet... they need to fix all those bugs :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.