Power input

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I had a question regarding the input to my charger (the part that goes orange when charging). Whenever I plug it in, it doesn't do anything, other than when I push it down is when it goes orange. If I hold it there and boot the computer, it's fine and the computer starts up and works. But whenever I let go of it, the computer turns off.
I have opened it up and everything, but can't see anything blatantly obvious.
I have an ibook clamshell. Any ideas??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Heh a clamshell....That was how I got into Macs.. Yeah I'll field this question since I've worked on more clamshells than Barry Bonds has hit home runs. Your AC Power Plug-In Port (The part that glows orange.) has come loose. There's a screw holding it in, if it feels loose to you, it needs to be tightened. If it's tight, buy another one off of eBay as it's toast.

OP
L
Reaction score
Still not working

Yup, i double checked it and it is very tight. Does this mean it is definitely in need of a new AC power plug?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Yup, i double checked it and it is very tight. Does this mean it is definitely in need of a new AC power plug?

Thanks!

Yes, he's right. The instructions on how to do it are on ifixit.com and the part can vary from $20 up.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.