Half of the Screen is Black

Reaction score
I have a AL Powerbook 1.25, and i have a half of my screen is black. it's not cracked. i swapped it with a screen from another powerbook and everything worked fine with the other screen, so it's nothing with the motherboard. I don't know if it's the inverter board or the data cable in the screen it's self. Would love input before I drop money on the wrong part.;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Is the blackness horizontal or vertical? I've never heard of a screen going halfway dark to an inverter board souring. Are you sure none of the cables are faulty?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Yeah it sounds like a cable problem like one of the cables is grounding out. Did you just plug the cables in? Or did you do a little bit of splicing as well? Also you did say you got the screen from "Another powerbook.". Was it the same model as yours? That could be the main problem there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.