tablet?

Reaction score
Hey. So I'm enrolling in a math class next semester and since all my work and notes is on my computer, I would like to know if there was a way to incorporate my math notes digitally on my computer?

Since word would be difficult to jot down math notes, is there a tablet that I can connect by usb to my macbook pro and write out notes on the tablet and have them crossover to word or some other app??

My price range is under 200 bucks. I'm not even sure what they are called or what to search for.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
The Wacom Bamboo is great, but I find that notetaking on it to be very tedious. It jumps when you dot the "i"s, and the scaling is weird. You have to write really tiny on the tablet in order to get decent sized text on your screen. If you write on the tablet as you would on a piece of paper, the text on the screen will be huge and scribbly and unreadable.

Of course, you can change the scaling of your screen to the area on the tablet, but I havent played around with that yet.

I bought the tablet for Photoshop, and it has served me very well! It is extremely accurate. Another thing I like about the tablet are the four programmable buttons and the touch sensitive scroll wheel.

I bought it for $80 at Circuit City. There are of course more expensive ones, and there's a Wacom Bamboo FUN that is a bit more expensive. I think it was $100.

Wacom Website

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
I Second the bamboo. I've bought one mainly for use with photoshop. Since then, I hadn't used my mouse!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.