• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

September 9th!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz Blackbook, 4GB memory, 250GB HD
It'll be exciting to see exactly what they unveil on the 9th.

OP
Forum Shark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
You mean you don't know!?! It's alreday pretty much decided. A new iPod Touch, and a new iPod Nano. Did you read the article, and see the picture Apple sent out? Also, it's on SO many Apple rumor sites for SO long this is going to happen! I'm very exited. (Pardon my enthusiasm, but I've been waiting a long time to get an iPod).

Reaction score
You mean you don't know!?! It's alreday pretty much decided. A new iPod Touch, and a new iPod Nano. Did you read the article, and see the picture Apple sent out? Also, it's on SO many Apple rumor sites for SO long this is going to happen! I'm very exited. (Pardon my enthusiasm, but I've been waiting a long time to get an iPod).

yea--I was going to buy a Classic but I've heard that its crap. My vid doesn't perform the way I want it to (in my car hooked up to my sound system, but when I just use it out and about it works fine :\

anyways, I'll look to see what they are offering, if they reduce the price to the 16g touch I may just buy that :D

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Hum mention of any of the computers though? T_T"""

OP
Forum Shark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with new Mac Books. I think we can expect that later, the technology needs to mature, in my opinion. The event is called "let's rock". I think it's going to have an iPod Touch and Nano update, and maybe even an iTunes 8.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
It doesn't seem to have anything to do with new Mac Books. I think we can expect that later, the technology needs to mature, in my opinion. The event is called "let's rock". I think it's going to have an iPod Touch and Nano update, and maybe even an iTunes 8.

iTunes 8 I'm looking forward to. I just updated to 2.1 on my new iTouch and I love it to death. ^-^"

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.5GHz C2D, 6 Gigs Ram (Yes) 320 7200 RPM..and much more!
Where are the pictures of the New touch? I'm definitely getting one when it comes out. If I have to, I'll put my old 16 gig touch on here for sale, or possibly keep it.

OP
Forum Shark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, there are no official pictures, but if you look around, you can find some technical drawings (no one knows if they are real or not) of the new touch and nano.

Reaction score
if anything happens computer wise, then the mac books will get a new casing

but i dont think there will be much more soon other han that, if anything, possibly next year or so.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
Probably will be new Nano and iTunes 8.0

Reaction score
iTunes 8 would be great as long as I dont need to download a whole other program because I just downloaded iTunes 7

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
iTunes 8 would be great as long as I dont need to download a whole other program because I just downloaded iTunes 7

So don't download/update iTunes 7.

If you don't want to download another program then dont.......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 GHz MBP, 4 GB RAM, 320 GB HDD
Yes thats the way it will work.

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well what I meant was I'm hoping for an update that I can just click and It will automatically update iTunes

I totally get what you mean. Every time they come out with a new one you have to download the whole thing again. >_<"

OP
Forum Shark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Hey! I've got a question while we're on the subject. How do you tell which version of iTunes you're running? Thanks.

Also, visit Macworld. They have a few articles on September 9th. Go ahead.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Hey! I've got a question while we're on the subject. How do you tell which version of iTunes you're running? Thanks.

To tell which version you're running click itunes in the menu bar then click about itunes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
That's what software update is for.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.