Protective Cases for 3G?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just ordered an invisibleshield screen protector for my iphone 3g.. I was just wondering if you guys can recommend a protective case? I like those rubber ones that give good protection if you drop the phone which is what I am really worried about...

thanks for any help.

OP
S
Reaction score
How is the case as far as protection goes (drops, bumps)? Does it also cover the screen?

Reaction score
How is the case as far as protection goes (drops, bumps)? Does it also cover the screen?

So far it has held up great, it feels like the phone is well protected. I've had a couple of minor drops and nothing has happened to the phone or even the case. However, it doesn't cover the screen. I just picked up one of those anti glare screen protectors and the entire phone is protected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
belkin leather case for me, its easier to slide phone in and out of pocket that silicone ones

OP
S
Reaction score
I picked up the incase slider case... very nice finish and feels very sturdy. Thanks guys.

Reaction score
i just picked up the matte black slider case from incase and I like it very much. They also make a white one if that is your preference.
Slider Case for iPhone 3G : Incase Product

I got this exactly, Black with anti-glare protectice layer. For my white iphone and i use a horizontal leather case also. I bought the leather case from ATT store the one for TILT PDA phone with magnetic closure. It's perfect size for the iphone.

incase.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4 GHz, 160 GB at 7200rpms 4GB ram...iPhone 3G
White iphone.... black case.... WHY?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
Get the InCase Slider case. I had it for my iPhone 2G, and am getting one once my 3G gets here on thursday :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Don't get the Griffin NuForm what ever you do.

Mine cracked in 2 places after about 2 weeks. Its now totally unusable. Terrible product.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
When I purchased my iPhone 3G, I also purchased the Contour Showcase.

Includes an optional hip holster with detachable 4-position belt clip.

I like the holster and case, with the screen facing in. That way it's always on my belt for easy access and the screen is protected from dings. I also have the Anti-Glare screen protector installed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.4 Intel C2D, 4GB RAM
I got this exactly, Black with anti-glare protectice layer. For my white iphone and i use a horizontal leather case also. I bought the leather case from ATT store the one for TILT PDA phone with magnetic closure. It's perfect size for the iphone.

incase.jpg

DSC00230.jpg

Lolz!!! Talk about overkill, you should wrap all that in bubble wrap too LOL

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.14ghz || 120GB || IPHONE 3G 8GB JBken 4GB RAM || <3
Lolz!!! Talk about overkill, you should wrap all that in bubble wrap too LOL

Overkill?

You do realize we are investing $600 on a cell phone. Most of us would like to keep it in its best condition for as long as we can.

Reaction score
at the moment i have the Agent 18 case for my iPhone 3G. I hate it though. I had the same one for the 2G and it was awesome but I guess they decided to make it ****** for the 3G.

I would recommend the Carbon Fiber Leather case by casemate. its about $50 but totally worth it. Its nice looking and protects well. I'm buying mine this friday :]

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I would suggest the Incase Protective Cover over the Incase Slider Case.

I had the slider case for my original iPhone and I loved it. However, after about two drops the plastic started to crack and I no longer use it now because the bottom "slider" part is completely cracked. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook White 2.0 GHz 320GB HD 2GB RAM PowerMac G4 Quicksilver 733MHz 80GB HD iPhone 3G 16GB Black
My recommendation

I recommend the SwitchEasy Capsule Rebel. I have purchased many cases so far, and the Rebel is by far my favorite. It's the best for its price too. You get 2 screen protectors, a cloth, a port cover, and a lot more. Check out itsmemorphious's reviews on the Rebel on YouTube if you want to see it.
Hope I helped :D

Reaction score
+1 for the incase, I have dropped mine multiple times and a few even landed glass down. no broken phone or case :) , It does scratch the back a little bit if you slide it off and on alot. but hey its the back...

Reaction score
Overkill?

You do realize we are investing $600 on a cell phone. Most of us would like to keep it in its best condition for as long as we can.

+1, and no insurance available from AT&T.

I'm going to AT&T to see if that case will fit with the rubber protector I have on my iPhone.,

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.