• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What's it like working at Apple?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
anyone know? If you've worked for them, let me hear the pros, cons. what you liked and didn't like.

If you worked at a retail store, that is even better. I want to hear your story.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo: 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3 (Antiglare)
I might be wrong, but I remember someone saying that if you work for Apple they don't let you talk about it. It could have just been someone exaggerating though. I'd love to hear about it also :D

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I've heard the same. In fact, I'm aware of a person that is no longer able to be an active participant in web forums like this one because of his position (and it's not as if the person works in Cupertino or anything).

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I guess if you work there you cant talk, but if you leave, they can't stop you right? :)

our local store is hiring, I thought about trying for a job. they have many openings, My guess is that many people left to return to school? Or its a bad place to work?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Base Model MacBook (White from early 2008)
I think it'd be a great place to work! At the Apple stores I go to the employees all seem happy, enough. Plus, you get to work with the best computers, and learn about them. I think It'd be great.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I've heard the same. In fact, I'm aware of a person that is no longer able to be an active participant in web forums like this one because of his position (and it's not as if the person works in Cupertino or anything).

That is true. One of my co-owners at IOM works for Apple and is not allowed to do our Podcasts anymore even.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think it'd be a great place to work! At the Apple stores I go to the employees all seem happy, enough. Plus, you get to work with the best computers, and learn about them. I think It'd be great.

I don't know about you, but I wouldn't want to work for any company that restricts my freedom of speech in this manner. Obviously there is always a degree of proprietary information that you are not able to share working at any company - but to be restricted in this way simply working as an entry-level tech is just silly and Orwellian IMO.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I worry since its retail, retail historically means low pay. meaning $8/hour to start... if you are lucky.

then you work nights, holidays, weekends. crappy hours. another downside to retail.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wondered about salary too. got my answer via google. average is $32k/year.

that is good money.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
I might be wrong, but I remember someone saying that if you work for Apple they don't let you talk about it. It could have just been someone exaggerating though. I'd love to hear about it also :D

Maybe Apple is secretly based in Area 51.
3.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
They are right, Apple Employees are not allowed to share information. My best friend works at an Apple Retail store.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wondered about salary too. got my answer via google. average is $32k/year.

that is good money.

I wouldn't take that for gospel - as you can see below the quote, actual salary can vary greatly depending on experience, position and geography.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
I know my friend makes a pretty penny.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
found this article today from a guy who worked at apple for nearly 20 yrs.

link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
:D :D :D

having read that I could simply :s/Apple/$MY_COMPANY/g and it would be just as relevant.

Reaction score
but at least they could say:
I like working at apple corp, nice people, everyone is nice =) thats not telling about the companies SECRETS!

or you can tell: I HATE IT! Steve Jobs gives me hugs everyday =)

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
not sure I follow but, ok

Reaction score
not sure I follow but, ok

Just want to hear what people think about working on Apple, not what they are doing, more like: I like to work at Apple Corp, nice envoirment etc

Don't think that would be against there intern law at Apple

and I have very easy to write more then I have to, I talk alot in real to ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.