Has anyone tried out Google Chrome yet?

Reaction score
I tried it on my Windows Laptop then deleted it . I see no compelling reason to use it

I know its beta , but blurrk..

On my Lappie I could scroll down a page but the silly thing would not scroll up a page.

The GUI looked washed out.

To me IE7 , Firefox and Safari are light years ahead

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook air, pro ipad air
Downloaded it today and being a simple person did not expect to much :eek: but does this browser fly !!

For some unknown reason FF3 has recently slowed down with me and switched over to safari which was much quicker, but miss my personal toolbars (not available with Safari) Tried GC and as of yet have not experienced a faster browser and just hope that they have one for mac soon.

Just two things to remember though, it is still in beta (so will probably improve dramatically, add ons, toolbars etc) but the downside is that Google do seem to keep their new applications an awful long time in beta :(

Reaction score
Everyone is aware that it records keystrokes and sends them even before you hit enter, right?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Meh. I just downloaded it. It's fast bit it's not tripping my trigger yet. I don't like the lack of a task bar at the top of the Window and it doesn't seem to want to import all of my Bookmarks either from IE6 or FF2. It's also failing to adhere to my Windows theme and the default theme leaves something to be desired.

I am with Baggss so far on Chrome. Meh for me also. It's ok but I will reserve my judgment for when the OSX and Linux version come out.

Reaction score
Have they even said they will issue a Linux version? Mac certainly. But based on their public statements hoping Firefox sticks around and winds up using some of their features, my thought is that Google will not develop a Linux version but will leave that to Mozilla. Just wondering.

And, I have also noticed FF slowing down recently - I wonder if that's because Google is loading up sites that link to Google via Adwords or Adsense, with code or tags that only its browser can read quickly. Although things did speed up for me in FF when installed the flash blocking add-on.

Cheers

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Everyone is aware that it records keystrokes and sends them even before you hit enter, right?

Big brother anyone? So in theory using this google could track your entire session on chrome. And everything you did and everywhere you went. I wonder if the law is up to scratch on this kind of thing to keep people's data safe and fraud free.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.