G3 crashes when it goes on the internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
My client has an iBook g3 that runs just fine but when it connects to the internet, his system locks up and the screen goes black. He says he can still hear the computer running in the background though.

After that, it will turn on but the screen is still black, but after some time he can turn it on and it will be normal.

I am stumped so I figured I would toss it up to the folks here at M-F.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
what version of the os has he got

consider running the latest combo update for pather or Tiger - whichever applies

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah, sounds good.

OP
skye
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So now that I have my hand on it I think it is a different problem all together.

The computer started up just fine but when you tip it the wrong way, the display gets some black lines then locks up and goes black. If you wait for the OS to load though you can get the 'pop' sound when you hit the volume buttons, which tells me the OS is loading.

I am going to pull it apart tonight and see if I can reseat the LCD cable, as that is what I think is the issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.