pictures disappear !!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem to find pictures that I took by pressing combination shift+ctrl+cmd+4. Usually, after I press the above combine, the picture I can find right in the desktop, but now I can not find it anymore.

When I took the picture, I can hear the shutter sound clearly but I really don't know where does it go? Anyone knows please advise me. Thank you

Regards,
SG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Hello everyone,

I am having a problem to find pictures that I took by pressing combination shift+ctrl+cmd+4. Usually, after I press the above combine, the picture I can find right in the desktop, but now I can not find it anymore.

When I took the picture, I can hear the shutter sound clearly but I really don't know where does it go? Anyone knows please advise me. Thank you

Regards,
SG

I really have a hard time understanding what you wrote. Could you give the specifics, such as your mac's spec, your camera type/ model, memory card used?

When I took the picture, I can hear the shutter sound clearly but I really don't know where does it go?

If I understand that correctly, I think you mean where are the pictures stored? This would be on the memory card. Provide us with your specs on that, we can give you more info.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sorry that you may confused about what I wrote, what i am trying to say is I want to take a picture of my screen, not by a physical digital camera. By pressing on the keyboard with combination shift+ctrl+cmd+4.

When you press the combine above, your mouse will have the icon like a cross and you can choose the area on the screen where you want to take picture.

Again, the picture I took it suppose will be on the desktop but now i can not see it anymore. Hope you can understand now and somebody know where is the picture located, please advise me. Thank you

I use iMac and MBP, both have the same problem.

Regards,

SG

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.66 GHz... Running 10.5.7
Sorry that you may confused about what I wrote, what i am trying to say is I want to take a picture of my screen, not by a physical digital camera. By pressing on the keyboard with combination shift+ctrl+cmd+4.

When you press the combine above, your mouse will have the icon like a cross and you can choose the area on the screen where you want to take picture.

Again, the picture I took it suppose will be on the desktop but now i can not see it anymore. Hope you can understand now and somebody know where is the picture located, please advise me. Thank you

I use iMac and MBP, both have the same problem.

Regards,

SG

Look in your desktop folder. It should be there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Isn't the key combination you want CMD+SHFT+4? This combo lets you select an area of screen. When you release the mouse button, the screen shot is taken and the result deposited on your desktop.

Alternately, CMD+SHFT+4, then Space, will take a shot of the active window and again deposit the result on your desktop.

I am not sure what CMD+SHFT+CTL+4 does - I can say that this is a very difficult combination to select with a human hand!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.