Airport antenna wire broken!

Reaction score
Re: Powerbook G4 15" 1.5GHz

While removing the Airport Extreme card i managed to rip the antenna wire from the small plug that fits to the card. [OUCH!!]

airport_wire_1.gif

I removed the notebook keyboard/cover and discovered that the wire is about 10cm long and has a connector to the rest of the antenna, which if i can get a replacement means i do not have to completely dismantle the notebook... the only problem is i cannot find anywhere that sells this antenna wire, even if its a complete kit, i can just unplug the section i need.

Does anyone know where i can order this antenna?
I have tried iFixit, but the wire they supply (out of stock anyway) is a complete piece.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
It pains me to say this, but try eBay man.

OP
P
Reaction score
I think i have found a place, i just need to get the exact part.

I Google'd "airport antenna jumper cable" and "airport antenna wire"

http://mac.macrecycling.com

Also iFixit reckon they have the part too, just need to get them the model number of my powerbook and all should be ok.

OP
P
Reaction score
I have managed to find the jumper cable, it comes as part of the airport card cage, see image.

airport_cage.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.