transfer OS 9 from PB to another PB

W

wiggy

OK I have spent 24 hours trying to change the name of my HD on a older G4 PB 400mhz no luck. lots of help and great suggestions but no joy. Any further wisdom see "Changing HD icon name"

How can I transfer OS 9 from my PB to my kids PB so they can play soem of the games that are Xmas presents that only work in classic.

A 'genius' from the LA store said start PB (b) holding down L key. No luck any thoughts?
w

Reaction score
wiggy said:
games that are Xmas presents that only work in classic.
Do you have OS X on the 400MHx PB? Doesn't OS X have a classic enviroment you can use?

OP
W

wiggy

shaun89 said:
Do you have OS X on the 400MHx PB? Doesn't OS X have a classic enviroment you can use?

Sadly it appears that Classic was removed and only 10.2 remains...thanks
w

OP
Z

zeppster

You should just reinstall OS X. And if you have the CDs that come with it just reinstall OS 9 over it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
wiggy said:
OK I have spent 24 hours trying to change the name of my HD on a older G4 PB 400mhz no luck. lots of help and great suggestions but no joy. Any further wisdom see "Changing HD icon name"

I didn't get the chance to read the Changing HD Name thread, but if sharing is turned on, you can't change the HD name until sharing is turned off.

How can I transfer OS 9 from my PB to my kids PB so they can play soem of the games that are Xmas presents that only work in classic.

I think you're stuck unless you install from CD so it loads the correct HD drivers/etc... Especially if you run dual OS's.

You can pick up a copy of OS 9 pretty cheap on eBay, I think I paid $28. Worth it. And you can download the updates to 9.1/9.2 still.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.