Transferring files

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Well now that I'm getting my macbook tomorrow, I would like to transfer the 4 days worth of music I have off of my eMac and onto my macbook. Stupid question but is there a way I could go to a place like Wal-Mart and get a usb cable, plug it into my eMac and my Macbook and just transfer the files? I'm not too competent with transfers.:Grimmace:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Pick up one of those 1 Gb or 2 Gb USB key plug in drives. I've seen them at Wal-Mart for $10 to $15. Copy your music files from the eMac to the key and then from the key to the MacBook. You may have to do that several times depending on how much music you have.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 4GB 500GB 2.4Ghz
You could also buy a firewire and start your emac in Target Disk Mode ( Hold "T" while booting) and it mounts the drive on your macbook like an external and you can drop and drag it from there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.