Power cable

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
I painted my emac green and I can't get the power cable in properly to make it power on. What is the power cable sequence (Green, Red, Black, empty) to make it turn on?

OP
xj6jaguar1985
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
933 Mhz Powermac Quicksilver,1.5GB RAM, OSX 10.5, Tangerine 300MHz Clamshell, OS 9.2
Screw it. I just took the cable out. I'm not dealing with it since I never shut this thing off anyways. If you guys want to see what a green eMac looks like, let me know :D. I have a couple of pics of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I painted my emac green

You did what!!? How could you? :eek:

I can't get the power cable in properly to make it power on.

But the eMac has its own type of plug, with a flange on it, a bit like a baby's suck dummy. You can get away with an ordinary computer power cable.

What is the power cable sequence (Green, Red, Black, empty) to make it turn on?

Are you talking internal or external? I thought the international power wire coloring was Brown (power), Blue (neutral) and Green (earth); otherwise Red (power), Black (neutral) and Green (earth).

So, show us what a green eMac looks like. :(

BTW, my Mac tech says "turn your eMac off if it's going to be idle for more than 2 hours, helps to preserve those capacitors." [apparently they bulge and leak more in high(er) temps].

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.