New (old) HD help

Reaction score
i just got this 200Gig HD, and i have it in as a slave, but it is not showing up, on a PC there is a way to see if the IDE is being connected, and suggestions?

o yea i am on a G4 quicksilver and using OS X 10.2.5

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
You can check if the system sees it in System Profiler. Also, check to see if it is available in Disk Utility. If it is, then reformt it.

I have my internal drives set as cable selet, so I don't know…maybe you have the pins setup wrong.

Also, I believe that your system will only see 120gb of the drive. Happened to me, so I put my 160gb in an external.

Reaction score
stillimation said:
i just got this 200Gig HD, and i have it in as a slave, but it is not showing up, on a PC there is a way to see if the IDE is being connected, and suggestions?

o yea i am on a G4 quicksilver and using OS X 10.2.5

thanks

Do you have the drive set up to share? If not the Pc won't be able to see it. Other computers will only see what you have set to share.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.