Macbook - multi touch or not?

Reaction score
I have a new Macbook 2.4ghz and I can use two-finger scrolling on it, which I understood to be one of the features of multi-touch. However, looking through the buyer's guide in Mac Format, it says that a disadvantage is that there is no multi-touch. Wiki also says Macbooks don't have it.

Is my understanding of multi-touch incorrect, or is it something the latest models have but older Macbooks don't?

Reaction score
No it's not multi-touch. That just the way of scrolling with all of the trackpads. The multi-touch is only on the MBPs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
Yea... The "real" multitouch consists of the three finger swipe, pinch to zoom, and rotate gestures...

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook Black 4GB RAM Mid 2008
No as others have stated, however for new buyers viewing the thread, its extremely likely we'll see new macbooks in the near future and i'm nigh on certain multi-touch will be added to the line.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.