New Macbook no Garage band?

Reaction score
Alright so I'll get the apologizing out of the way now as i ran a couple of searches but didn't find any answers and I'm new to macs for the most part.
Anyways I recently bought a macbook the 2.4ghz 160gb etc. On the box it said iLife included and now that its up and running I have a most of the iLife components (iPhoto, iMovie,iDVD) but am missing iWeb and Garage Band. Any ideas? Thanks

Reaction score
I have the same model, and they're fine for me. On the menu bar at the top on the far right, there's a magnifying glass icon. If you click on that and search 'Garage' you should find it. Once it loads, an icon will appear in the dock at the bottom. You can set this to stay permanently in the dock if you want. Same for iWeb - which I haven't touched yet...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Put Disc 1 of the restore disks into your computer while its running and select install bundled software only and then choose to install just the ilife components that you need.

OP
P
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for your help. It was an open box so I wasnt sure if there was the actual iLife disk anyways thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
If you call Apple with a problem like that, they might actually replace iLife for free. That's what they did for me when it came with a defect.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Awesome thanks for your help. It was an open box so I wasnt sure if there was the actual iLife disk anyways thanks

iLife is included with the System Discs. Your system should have shipped with 2 gray discs. These contain both the OS (Leopard) and iLife in addition to certain utilities and drivers for Boot Camp. If you didn't receive these discs, you'll definitely want to check with the seller as you'll need them at some point down the road.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
iLife is included with the System Discs. Your system should have shipped with 2 gray discs. These contain both the OS (Leopard) and iLife in addition to certain utilities and drivers for Boot Camp. If you didn't receive these discs, you'll definitely want to check with the seller as you'll need them at some point down the road.

I only received one disk with a backup for Leopard on it. Should I do anything about it?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
I only received one disk with a backup for Leopard on it. Should I do anything about it?

Absolutely - you should have the System Discs it came from the factory with. If the seller didn't disclaim them as part of the sale terms, they need to make good on them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.