Replace 17" Powerbook Screen

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
My 1.67Ghz powerbook has developed the legendary screen issue, in which there is a line of stuck pixels running right down the middle of it. In addition, the screen developed a light spot in the bottom left corner. Although I'm planning on upgrading to a Macbook Pro within the next year or so, I'd like to replace the powerbook screen myself. I've found some great guides online, but had some questions on purchasing the actual parts.

iFixit has a used screen, without cords/accessories for around $190. How much/how difficult would it be to purchase separate cords and install those?

Other than that, I feel pretty comfortable in the process of replacing the screen. If anybody has other recommendations in regards to where to buy a PB screen, let me know!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.