High Resolution Screenshot!

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a method or third party software to take a high resolution of a screenshot. I usually start creating a website look to present to the customer in Adobe CS3. If they like it I build the site in GoLive or Dreamweaver. I'd rather start in GoLive or Dreamweaver but when I make a screenshot the resolution is so low it looks lousy in print.

I know a few Photoshop tricks to make it look better but wondered if anyone knew of a better way to take a screenshot.

Thanks,

Jac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
The key combination CMD+SHFT+3 takes a full size screen shot at the same resolution as your screen. Is that "high resolution" enough?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP, 2.5Ghz Penryn Processor, 4GB of RAM, 200 GB 7200 RPM Hard Drive, High Res LED 17" Screen
Does anyone know of a method or third party software to take a high resolution of a screenshot. I usually start creating a website look to present to the customer in Adobe CS3. If they like it I build the site in GoLive or Dreamweaver. I'd rather start in GoLive or Dreamweaver but when I make a screenshot the resolution is so low it looks lousy in print.

I know a few Photoshop tricks to make it look better but wondered if anyone knew of a better way to take a screenshot.

Thanks,

Jac

It looks lousy to print because your screen is only 72 dpi, not 300dpi print resolution. You can't take something screen res and instantly make it print res. If there is some magical way to do it, it would definitely be news to me.

I think you can make web layouts in InDesign. Its a functionality that allows print orientated people to work in the web I believe. In theory you could lay it out in InDesign, and it would print well. I am not too familiar with that method, but I have heard about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Whatever you do don't upres a screenshot, with the default interpolation it always ends up looking worse than the original, just keep the screenshot as is.

If you have to have hires websites, design them in Illustrator or Photoshop at Hires, then do the coding once the design is agreed

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi Res Screen Shot

Thanks, that's what I do. Design in photoshop until approved and then go back to downsizing for the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook pro 2gb ram dual intel, and new mac pro 10 gb of ram quad processor.
high res screen shot on a mac

- So Shft+alt+3 to screen shot but we all know it's blurry in photoshop (72 dpi RGB for web) but how can we get a 300dpi CMYK for print from it w out 3rd party software.

- I have dual monitor so chenged screen res in sys pref to max 1600x1024 same result: 72dpi, just more inches of image. Same junky low res. Doh.

- So then I thought, "maybe if when prompted for file handling I choose, "Use embedded file?" Or use, "Discard the embedded profile"...?
NO AVAIL. This gave me the same results.

WHAT'S THE SOLUTION HERE?... without 3rd party software.

Anyone who knows is a mac pimp (and adobe ninja).

-yer boy joshua at

Reaction score
Zoom before capturing

If you turn on the Zoom option in the Universal Access preference pane,
then you can zoom in on the portion of the screen that you want
a screenshot of. Use a large screen.

If you zoom in by 4x, you will still capture at 72dpi, but your captured image
will be 4 times as large. You can then use some other application
(such as Photoshop) to change the resolution to 4 times as high (i.e. 288 dpi)
and it will scale the enlarged image back to its original size.

You thus wind up with a high res screen capture at almost 300 dpi.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.