Pages Templates

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have switched from PC to Mac. I am trying to use Pages. None of the text in my templates show up in english. Even templates that I downloaded from others show up in a language other than english (not sure what language. It may just be gibberish to hide the content).

Is this a function and nature of templates.

Thanks for the info.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21" 8GB, MBP 15" 2.5 Penryn, 4 GB/180 GB
Yes, templates tend to use dummy words (a standard set), but are meaningless. Usually you can just click in the frame and start typing. If it is actually inputted words, then click inside and hit CMD + A and delete, then start typing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
In design circles, if you are asked to design a layout but are not given the text yet, you fill the columns with what is known as Lorem Ipsum. The fact that it is latin makes sure you remember to replace it with the live text

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorem_ipsum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro w/ Snow Leopard, iPhone 3GS
Yes it's normal, Lorem Ipsum appears on all templates and you need to fill it with your text

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.