Spaces and Office 2008

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum so go easy on me if I've posted this thread in the wrong section..

I'm totally bamboozled by Spaces. I basically want to be able to open the same application in different windows (something you couldn't do before but I know that the latest update to Leopard has sorted out most of the problems that there were and I've unchecked the preference: "When switching to an application, switch to a space with open windows for the application".)

Now it's all good (I can open different windows of Safari in different spaces) but for some reason I still have the same problem with Office 2008 programmes.. i.e. If I've got a word document open in space 3, and I go to space 2 and try and open a new Word document it takes me automatically back to Space 2..

Any ideas??

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I know this is not a solution, but MS Office is, a Carbon application and might not have properly with all the OS X features.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
This is a known problem with Office, but Microsoft has yet to do anything to address the issue.

OP
Z
Reaction score
OK, so it's not something I can do anything about at the moment.. in which case that blows

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Black MacBook | 2.2GHz Core 2 Duo | 4GB RAM | 160GB HDD
I have a similar problem with Word - when I have Word open and then switch spaces it will jump around or leave the toolbox behind or something annoying like that... very buggy.

I've found that if you click out of Word before you switch spaces (e.g., click on the desktop so that "Finder" is displayed on the menu bar instead of "Word") then Word seems to function properly with spaces... hope this helps with your Office/Spaces work!

OP
Z
Reaction score
I've also experienced some weird toolbox issues.. sometimes it just disappears and reappears in a different space at will..

Thanks for the suggestion, I gave it a try but no joy, when I click out of Word so that Finder is on the menu bar, and then go to a different space and select Word it brings me back to the space that has the Word already open..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.