• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Iphoto and movie clips

Reaction score
Hi Hope I am in the right place for my first post.

I have a Nokia Phone that can take Pics and Video clips ( MP4)

I use Bluetooth to send them over which puts them in my Docs folder before I import to Iphoto. My First question is how to i do this so that it goes directly into iphoto?

My second, and more important question, is, is there a site I can upload the video clips to ( apart from youtube ) the same way you can photos? I currently use Picasa to put up my snaps so the rest of my tribe the other side of the world can see what we are up to. With Picasa on a PC you can upload both JPGS and Video but it wont allow from Iphoto ( or separately from the desktop)
I want to be able to simply select both Pictures and video clips from Iphoto and off they go. However I don't want to subscribe to something like the .mac account that costs $ ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Before using .Mac I used google video for my videos. You can download an uploader. I don't think you will be able to upload videos from iPhoto. I wasn't meant to handle videos. You can do that from iMovie.

OP
I
Reaction score
Before using .Mac I used google video for my videos. You can download an uploader. I don't think you will be able to upload videos from iPhoto. I wasn't meant to handle videos. You can do that from iMovie.

Google video is the same as Youtube. I would like a Picasa that supports videos (as it does under windows) for Mac.

Uploading from Imovie is a pain as you transfer from the phone, then import to iphoto, then import to imovie for each clip, then export. I want to click and upload the same way you can with pics then send a link. Iphoto handles the videos fine its getting them somewhere else is the problem ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I use Bluetooth to send them over which puts them in my Docs folder before I import to Iphoto. My First question is how to i do this so that it goes directly into iphoto?
Search for an Applescript that will automatically parse any video and add it to iPhoto. I have something similar, which checks for any music added to my desktop and automatically adds it to my iTunes library. I don't have time to search right now, but I'm sure you will find something. I'll see if my iTunes script is editable.

As for your second query, Hmm. Mobileme would have been just right for you, but you don't have to pay $$$... let's see if I come across something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM MacBook, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Hi Hope I am in the right place for my first post.

I have a Nokia Phone that can take Pics and Video clips ( MP4)

My second, and more important question, is, is there a site I can upload the video clips to ( apart from youtube ) the same way you can photos? I currently use Picasa to put up my snaps so the rest of my tribe the other side of the world can see what we are up to. With Picasa on a PC you can upload both JPGS and Video but it wont allow from Iphoto ( or separately from the desktop)
I want to be able to simply select both Pictures and video clips from Iphoto and off they go. However I don't want to subscribe to something like the .mac account that costs $ ;D

I think you have to connect it to your computer via USB or another chord, and then you can choose what you would like the default application to be.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.