Disk error when installing XP Pro with SP1 via BootCamp...any ideas? HELP!!!

Reaction score
I finally got an XP Pro SP2 disc from my cousin, along with a COA and key. Brand spankin new in the shrink wrap. The disc says its for NEW PC's only, so I am assuming that me and my MacBook Pro fall under that category. Anyway, I get into the installation, it goes and goes... I get to the partition question, stuff loads and blah blah blah, I hit a wall. I get DISK ERROR. How? Why?

What am I doing wrong? How is there a disk error? How is that possible? I've tried it 3 times with the same result. So, what am I to do?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Time Is The Ene,

Not sure, if it's SP2 it should work - but your post title says SP1 - SP1 won't work unless you slipstream it with SP2...

But if it's SP2, have you been following the Boot Camp Installation & Setup Guide? If not, go to your Applications>Utilities folder and start Boot Camp Assistant.app and click the pdf file button on the cover sheet - follow it carefully and you shouldn't have any problems.

Good luck, Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.