Energy saver/screen saver question.

Reaction score
My girlfriend recently got a MacBook Pro and asked me to help her with Energy Saver etc. After I did while viewing my settings, I noticed my screen saver no longer comes on but the screen just turns black and the light goes on (sleep). I don't recall altering my own settings within Energy Saver, but what should the default settings be for the screen saver to come on?

It isn't that much of a bother, but I am more used to seeing the screen saver on rather than my entire MacBook just going to sleep. Thanks if ya'll can help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
If it's sleeping before the screen saver you either need to increase the amount of time before it sleeps (in energy saver) or decrease the amount of time before the screensaver (in desktop/screensaver).

Dunno what the defaults are though.

OP
C
Reaction score
Naw, the screen saver doesn't come on at all. It just sleeps. Not quite sure what I could've possibly done to alter this.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, iPod Classic, 8GB 3G iPhone, Time Capsule
Naw, the screen saver doesn't come on at all. It just sleeps. Not quite sure what I could've possibly done to alter this.

Even if you set sleep right back, along with the display sleep and set the screensaver to come after like a minute?

You might have different settings for battery and mains power as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.