• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

predict the future: 2005

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
MacAddikt said:
a gallon of gas will finally be more expensive than a gallon of purified water

You've never been in Europe, I presume...because that's not the future, but our present since a while, unfortunately :confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook | 1.83ghz | 2gb ram
I hope rap dies out too! Or at least all the little 14 year olds stop trying to pretend they are gangsters and speak properly.

And stop wearing your trousers so low.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
I predict that we will see more natural catastrophes and people will still be wondering why and complaining about high petrol prices.

T

The mac 13

I hope that people will learn to spell Gangsta properly(insead of stupid ppl spelling gangster what dumb clowns) and also hope that 20 year old idiots stop acting OLD!

T

The mac 13

also techno and fusion to die!
RAP IS VIOLENT, BUT ONLY IF YOU LISTEN TO CERTAIN RAPPERS IDIOTS!

T

The mac 13

Aptmunich said:
I predict that we will see more natural catastrophes and people will still be wondering why

That will happen, i wont be shocked. but muslims wont wonder why. dont worry.( natural catastrophes, i repeat NATURAL catastrophes, not by some idiotic TERRORIST clowns!)

OP
MacAddikt
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
movies will come out. people will watch them

D

Danster

The mac 13 said:
I hope that people will learn to spell Gangsta properly(insead of stupid ppl spelling gangster what dumb clowns) and also hope that 20 year old idiots stop acting OLD!

Gangster

**• noun a member of an organized gang of violent criminals.

**— DERIVATIVES gangsterism noun.

as in the oxford english dictonary so that is the correct way to spell it

I think you have been playing too much Grand Theft Auto.

Also what do you mean by 20 year old's acting old?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
The mac 13 said:

Oh my God!! So much intelligence...

You need to grow up...really!

T

The mac 13

nono! gangsta rap, not gangster! argh! ye si know that gangster is someone of organised crime, but this here aint no gangbang its gangsta rap. u know tupac, snoppy doggy dog?

T

The mac 13

zeppster said:
It doesn't matter if its in an urban dictionary. Words that are common among modern society are even put in Webster and Oxford dictionaries. For instance "ain't" is not a real word but it is still in the Webster because it is used a lot and some people might not know what it means.

in singapore, as long as the word is in the dictionary, its usable in exams. oh well ppl, STICK TO THE TOPIC! :tusks:

Z

zeppster

ain't ** *P***Pronunciation Key**(nt)
Nonstandard
Contraction of am not.

Used also as a contraction for are not, is not, has not, and have not.

Usage Note: Ain't has a long history of controversy. It first appeared in 1778, evolving from an earlier an't, which arose almost a century earlier as a contraction of are not and am not. In fact, ain't arose at the tail end of an era that saw the introduction of a number of our most common contractions, including don't and won't. But while don't and won't eventually became accepted at all levels of speech and writing, ain't was to receive a barrage of criticism in the 19th century for having no set sequence of words from which it can be contracted and for being a “vulgarism,” that is, a term used by the lower classes, although an't at least had been originally used by the upper classes as well. At the same time ain't's uses were multiplying to include has not, have not, and is not, by influence of forms like ha'n't and i'n't. It may be that these extended uses helped fuel the negative reaction. Whatever the case, criticism of ain't by usage commentators and teachers has not subsided, and the use of ain't is often regarded as a sign of ignorance. ·But despite all the attempts to ban it, ain't continues to enjoy extensive use in speech. Even educated and upper-class speakers see no substitute in folksy expressions such as Say it ain't so and You ain't seen nothin' yet. ·The stigmatization of ain't leaves us with no happy alternative for use in first-person questions. The widely used aren't I? though illogical, was found acceptable for use in speech by a majority of the Usage Panel in an earlier survey, but in writing there is no acceptable substitute for the stilted am I not?

Z

zeppster

Main Entry:**
gangsta1

Part of Speech:**
noun, adjective

Definition:**
a gangster or gang member

Etymology:**
from gangster

Usage:**
slang

Notcie it says derived from gangster and that its slang.

D

Danster

zeppster said:
Notcie it says derived from gangster and that its slang.

I know it's a slang word but The Mac 13 said that people should use gangsta because that was the proper word and people are dumb for spelling the word propely.

And i thought that was funny.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Desolate One said:
Okay this thread needs to be closed.

I agree with that...

T

The mac 13

yes. coz ppl are too dumb to understand what i wrote. ma man schweb CLOSE THIS!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.