have a quick question?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Macbook pro
Well im at a dilemma my dad is always complaining about windows and i am sick of hearing about it so me and my mom were thinking about saving up and getting him a mac mini for Christmas. But the thing i want to know is should i get 1gb or 2gb of ram my dad doesn't do much but go on the web, but i was thinking to just get the 2gb just to be safe. Seeing as i hear there is going to be an announcement on Sept. 9th maybe they will upgrade the mini. So what do you guys think should i get the mini for him with 2gb or 1gb if they dont update the mac mini on Sept. 9th.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
1 Gb should be fine for just web browsing, but you can never go wrong with more RAM. I haven't heard anything concrete about the Mini being updated, but if you are waiting for Christmas anyway then I guess you will know before you intend to order anyway. Either way, go with as much RAM as you can afford.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini
I have the cheapest Mac mini. It badly needs memory even for the few apps I use including iWorks. Go for max mem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.