pro tools key commands on a macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook 2.0ghz santa rosa
does anyone know how to use the numeric pro tools key commands on a macbook? the macbook doesn't have numeric keys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.66, 1 Gig Ram, 2 x 250GB HDD, 1 500GB HDD---Black MB 2.0 Duo, 2 Gig Ram, 320GB HDD
i have no clue how to use the keypad with protools. i use PT on my macbook, but strictly just to record. i edit on my mac pro. you should try getting and external numeric keypad. you should be able to get one for cheap.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Airport Express
An external keyboard would be the easiest. Have you tried using the num lock function? It's located on the F6 key. You might have to hold the "fn" button down and then press the F6 key to activate it. A little green light should turn on underneath the F6 key if it's on.

I've never done it myself, but it might work. If it doesn't, you might just need to get an external keyboard or numeric pad.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.