If you have 2 monitors, does dasboard pop up on both monitors?

Reaction score
I am thinking of getting a second monitor hooked up to my laptop, and I am wondering how dashboard will work. If dashboard pops up on my laptop, will I be able to open up a separate dashboard with its own widgets or will both dashboards be identical? Or will dashboard only pop up on one monitor? Please help. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
No, the Dashboard shows up on the primary screen, but there is a slightly noticeable darkening on the secondary monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP 2.3Ghz i7 32GB 1TB | iPhone XR
Im pretty sure you can drag the widgets from one screen to another, at least from what I can remember. It was a long time ago I had a 2nd screen and didnt use dashboard much. So someone correct me if Im wrong

OP
H
Reaction score
That stinks. I wonder if you can adjust it someway. My dashboard is filled with stock widgets and I just do not have enough space. Apple needs to fix this. I might have to email them about this.

OP
H
Reaction score
Im pretty sure you can drag the widgets from one screen to another, at least from what I can remember. It was a long time ago I had a 2nd screen and didnt use dashboard much. So someone correct me if Im wrong

You have really got me interested now. Maybe someone has a second monitor here and will put the issue to rest. Apple, btw, should update the stock widgets with their own program that gives real time quotes instead of Yahoo's that are 20 minutes or so delayed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
halo is actually correct, you can drag widgets over to the other screen. I meant that when you hit the Dashboard button that it initially shows up on your primary screen.

OP
H
Reaction score
Awesome. Thanks for the news, my friend. Could you please take of pic of dashboard on 2nd screen? I would be really grateful.

Reaction score
Just to be clear (I know, the horse is dead but I can't resist!):

You can indeed have widgets on both screens. Dashboard treats both displays as one big one provided you are not mirroring your desktop onto the second monitor.

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.