Slight lag in windows xp under boot camp

Reaction score
I am running a MBP (2.4GHZ 2GB memory 200GB). I have Widows XP installed using boot camp, I also have parallels on my system.

Recently I have been noticing that when I boot into XP via boot camp - the mouse movement when in windows isn't always smooth and the system runs a little choppy at times. This hasn't been going on all the time, I've just noticed it in the past few weeks.

Just wondering if anyone else has had the same problems - or have any recommendations on how to fix this.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What's running on startup in Windows? Have you recently added anything like new AV software? If everything is still the same and you haven't installed anything new....

You might try downloading updated Windows drivers for your video card. What's installed from the Leopard disk is not always the latest and the best. I have a MacBook and had to go to the Intel site to download updated Windows drivers in order to properly use my external display at its native resolution.

Regards.

OP
D
Reaction score
What's running on startup in Windows? Have you recently added anything like new AV software? If everything is still the same and you haven't installed anything new....

You might try downloading updated Windows drivers for your video card. What's installed from the Leopard disk is not always the latest and the best. I have a MacBook and had to go to the Intel site to download updated Windows drivers in order to properly use my external display at its native resolution.

Regards.

Thanks! I'll try loading new drivers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.