headphone jack problems

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac|MacBook
the jack to my headphones ripped off inside my macbook and im unable to get it out. i brought it to the store and they said they would have to replace the entire unit for $700, so im not doing that. the jack is still inside and the macbook thinks that i have headphones plugged in so i cant get music to play out of the speakers. if i was to buy usb headphones and plug it in, would the usb headphones like overrule the headphone jack haha?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If the male connector that plugs into the headphone jack is broken off and stuck inside, you may be able to pry it loose by disassembling the keyboard from the bottom of the MacBook and pushing it out from the other side.

Go to www.ifixit.com and take a look at the disassembly instructions for your MacBook model. If you're handy at that sort of thing, you can give it a go. If not, the USB headphones might work. Not sure they will since the jack is stuck.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.