New to Mac, help on wireless setup

Reaction score
All, Totally new to the MAC world, have been an Windows user forever. Now that I bought a MAC notebook I am in a different World. I am attampting to set up the MAC for wireless use, Help!!! What do I click on, what are the steps to make this happen. I have a wireless router and my Windows PC tower is connected and works just fine.

Thank you in advance for any help

Mick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
I didn't want to go through all that, so I opted for the Airport Extreme. It was easy as turning it on and surfing. I'm assuming though, that it shouldn't be much different for your other router except that you'd have to use the networking app in utilities to set it up, I'm guessing. Sorry I can't be of more help to you right now. I don't even have my MB on.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Welcome to the forum!

If your routers already configured and working it's easy.

Just click the airport icon on the menu bar at the top of the screen. It's normally just to the left of the volume icon.

Once clicked it will have your macbook scan for wireless networks. When it finds yours (assuming you broadcast the SSID) just click it. It will ask for the network key if you have your network secured and that's it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook OS Leopard
Hey, easy as dude, I have my macbook connected wirelessly to my desktop PC running Windows XP. I have a Netgear wireless router, what is yours? Do you need some more help setting it up?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.