Hit Return Twice to Enter and Typing underlines every word.

Reaction score
So I am experiencing odd behaviors as I type on any program, from Word to Firefox. I have to hit return twice in order to enter text. Also as I type, before the word is complete, an underline appears for all the letters until the word is done.

Any thoughts to what settings I can look at to revert back to having return strike once for enter, and remove the underline/ proof read function?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Go to the flag you see in the top menu bar, and open Keyboard Viewer. Observe what happens as you type to see if the underline key symbol flashes with every letter you type. Observe the Return key activity too.

Go to System Prefs > Keyboard & Mouse, and check the settings there. Then look at Universal Access > Keyboard and see that both Sticky Keys and repeated key strokes are Off.

Lastly, have you tried a different keyboard, even a PC one?

OP
C
Reaction score
Thank you

Your suggestions, specifically opening up the keyboard viewer, must of reset it back to the original settings. It both resolve the underline issue and the return key as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Your suggestions, specifically opening up the keyboard viewer, must of reset it back to the original settings. It both resolved the underline issue and the return key as well.

Great stuff! :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.