G3 Help with Disc Booting

Reaction score
Hi, I have an iMac G3 DV Edition. I tried to install openDarwin, but installation failed. Now I have a system that won't boot. I downloaded and burned Fedora Core 9 for PPC, but I don't know how to boot from it without using OS X's Disk Utility. I'm not very Mac-Savvy, and I just bought this iMac recently. I know my way around, but I don't have the original OS X Tiger discs. Please -- HELP!

Thanks.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're going to need a set of Tiger disks to boot the machine so you can either reinstall OS X or do a repair. Order them direct from Apple. When you do be sure to specify the model of your iMac. Any attempt to install or boot Fedora Core 9 for PPC may cause more problems than it's worth.

Since you need the Tiger disks anyway, why not order them.

Regards.

OP
K
Reaction score
Well...

Thanks, but I'm looking for a free solution, and that's why I chose Fedora. I would prefer OS X, but I can't really cough up the money. However, thank you so much for a quick response, and that would be a solution if I wasn't absolutely broke.

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.