Cooliris (previously piclens) for Safari released!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I bear great news for Safari users. Cooliris (previously, PicLens) is now fully Safari 3.1 compatible! The previous release only supported Firefox on the Mac and Safari users had to make do with a rather outdated version. According to the developers, Safari didn’t have market share enough to warrant them making a new release specifically for it—I guess times have changed now. However, it’s worth nothing that this is a beta version and should only be used in non-mission critical environments.

cooliristhumb.jpg

Cooliris, if you don’t know what it is, is a Flash plugin that offers an alternative way of browsing YouTube, Flickr, Amazon and others such Web 2.0 applications/websites. And, by alternative, I mean that this is completely different from the ways you’ve been used to so far.
Read More
Download link

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
In you're opinion is this plugin revolutionary enough to be worth getting and using?

OP
goobimama
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I think it is a great plugin especially when one is actually surfing a site like youtube for funny videos or what have you. In other cases, when I want to check out a specific video, I just google it and then watch it in the regular youtube interface.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.