• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Obama-Biden vs. McCain-Palin

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
As I've mentioned previously, it comes to good judgment, not experience, because there is no way anybody can have the right amount or level of experience for the job. The Republicans have exhibited very poor judgment, and as such, they will not get my vote despite having far more experience in terms of numbers.

McCain isn't going to be a transitional President, he's going to be a continuation of the past eight years. This country has been on the wrong track for so long that we NEED radical change, not gradual change like you would like. Heck, you like Ron Paul, he's for anything BUT gradual change, he espouses even more radical change than Obama! I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but there's an inherent contradiction in your statements.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac 2.8GHz
To me, the whole abortion issue is such a grey area that I have no desire to tell others what they should do, hence I'm pro-choice. I probably would never consider abortion myself (assuming I was in that situation), but that's a decision best made by the parties involved.

Murderers are a potential threat to my life. Abortions do not threaten my life in any way.

As much as I have liked McCain up until this year, I feel he's not sincere in his beliefs anymore, and his decisions have been more about vote gathering. I believe Obama's heart is in the right place, but I still question what his capabilities will be as a leader.

In the end, I am much happier with this choice than the last two elections, by far. I had no desire to vote for Bush/Cheney, but what the Dems nominated was rather insulting. I really had to hold my nose at the last polls. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
As much as I have liked McCain up until this year, I feel he's not sincere in his beliefs anymore, and his decisions have been more about vote gathering. I believe Obama's heart is in the right place, but I still question what his capabilities will be as a leader.

I completely agree with that statement. I liked the McCain of 2000, but the McCain of 2008 is nothing more than a sell-out to the right wing special interests and religious conservatives.

Obama doesn't have a lot of proven leadership in my book and I do think he lacks a lot of substance in his ideas. They're nice ideas, but not alot to back up how they'd actually get done.

I'd still support Obama over McCain.

No president "leads" on their own, they have teams to make up for their deficiencies. Besides look at Bush...he had "leadership" as Gov. of TX and look where that's gotten us? Presidents need to inspire as well as govern and I think Obama can do that much better, especially now where we're at in how many American's feel about their country (a huge majority thinks it's going in the wrong direction)

But I'm more concerned about McCain selling out is principles to get votes. I'm more concerned about the continuing power of the religious right and social conservatives in the executive branch, and to be honest, it scares me to think "Miss Pitbull with Lipstick" (just the image I want for a VP) could some day be President given McCain's age.

Now let me clarify a few things so no one makes assumptions based on what I said:

1. I am not a heathen. I'm a very strong, church-going Episcopalian. I believe in Christ and I do a ton of social justice work. I do not have anything against religion....only when people try to use religion to rule the country with an iron fist and deny rights from people when it has no business being there.

Despite what some may claim, this is not a "Christian Nation" founded on "Christian Principles". Most of our founding fathers were deists, masons, or other, but most would certainly not be considered mainline Christians in the sense the Evangelicals would like to pretend. We are a nation of laws with a foundation of belief in personal worth and freedom.

2. I am not a Democrat, I'm an independent. I freely vote for people from both parties. I voted for good old Dubya in both elections because he was running against people I didn't feel were as good. I feel the Dems that run my county are the most corrupt in the nation (heck two of them were just raided by the FBI a few weeks back). Both parties suck at times and both do some good things.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.