Mac osx 10.4 graphics adapter help????

Reaction score
Hi there i dont suppose you can give me any advice or if im in the right place to ask.

I have a i mac osx 10.4 intel celeron and have just installed parallel to run windows xp on my mac for games.

But every game i put in it installs then on launch it displays ( Failed to find any directx 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system please make sure you have a direct x9.0 c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manafactur.The application will now terminate? ) Is there any thing i can do or buy for my mac to make my games work???

thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What make\model graphics adapter is installed in your iMac? How much memory does it have? The fact that the games are asking for a DirectX 9C installed adapter tells me either you're not using the correct Windows drivers or the adapter itself is not capable of running the games.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody MBP (2009), White MB (2009), iMac G4
The reason this is happening is because Parallels does not support many games. The last time I checked, it did not support 3D accelerated graphics at all.

For gaming you will need to install Windows on it's own partition on your hard drive and actually reboot in Windows. You will need to install drivers for your Mac hardware, and then you will be able to play your games natively.

Since you have 10.4, I don't think you can use the Boot Camp assistant to install Windows. You will need to upgrade to Leopard or perform the partitioning and installation yourself. I am not sure where you can find drivers other than on a Leopard installation DVD.

Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.