• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

File size too large? (How do I save a movie?) plz help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, iPhone 3G
Wonder if you could help me with something.. I've made videos after videos blogging on the iSight saying a thank you to you ect, when I drag the file onto my desktop it's over 500MB in size and of course, far too large to upload to video sharing websites..

Steve, how can I save the file so it cuts a lot of the size down? I used AVS Video Editor on XP but just been to the website and there is no support for Mac.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Open in quicktime, then export using 'expert settings' and set the settings so that it exports at a smaller physical size, lower bitrate etc

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac, iPhone 3G
Can you help me through this? I can't even find these settings! haha!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.66GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB RAM, OS X 10.8.2, iPad 1, 80gb iPod, ATV 1, iPhone 5
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
I'm missing something. You are asking about PC software on a Mac forum. Why? Check this link for some leads.

I looked at their page and it says that the software can export to QuickTime or MP4, so choose one and learn how to reduce the files size by customizing the bit rate. I discuss that for iMovie in two guides I wrote. Those might help you understand this stuff a little.

P.S. If you can't see my site, that is because I've chosen this weekend to change hosts and that may mess things up for about 48 hours.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.