renaming files and folders

Reaction score
Hi all

firstly sorry is this is in the wrong thread... not sure where else to put issue.

i have noticed that any files/ folders with trailing spaces created on 10.4 or less will not open on 10.5 or any windows platform.

we are on a windows network.

is there a batch file that can be run that will delete the trailing spaces??? batch file for windows, or a batch file that can be run on 10.4 that will get rid of trailing spaces automatically.

i wish it was as sending an e-mail out not to put trailing spaces.. but some people just dont listen!!!!

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
open a DOS window in windows and use the rename command with suitably placed wildcards

I'm sure you can also do this on the mac in terminal but i havent yet learnt what the correct command is

OP
T
Reaction score
yeah kinda figured that out.... somtimes there are alot of files that need renaming.... is there a batch file (script) i can use??? that will scan the files and folders and only rename them (delete the trailing space)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.