Color of your apple???

H

HuMpS 97 DoHc

when you have your ibook open what color does your apple glow??? mines white. I'm guessing they all are. But I was watching a tv show and they were using an ibook and it was blue.

can you change this somehow??? or do different models have different colors?? anyone know??

thanks

OP
T

tariq

I believe they're all white as well.

It was either a side effect of lighting (white light sometimes looks blue in certain conditions) or it was a mod.

The mod I've seen uses a piece of coloured transparent paper which is placed inbetween the apple logo and light source inside the lid to produce the desired colour.

Reaction score
Could it have been a powerbook? They have blue glowing logos...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
I saw some website and they sell new iBooks and PowerBooks painted in a bunch of different colors. They look sweet but they were quite a bit more than a new one from apple.

OP
X

xthisisRomancex

CJ064 said:
I saw some website and they sell new iBooks and PowerBooks painted in a bunch of different colors. They look sweet but they were quite a bit more than a new one from apple.

yuck.... i saw that site it makes me sick.... i think the whit gloss tops the ibook off

OP
Z

zeppster

I was looking on ebay a while back and I found a group of ibooks that were "special edition". The light lit up pink.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
I know someone who opened his ibook back cover and changed his apple logo color. It is ridiculously easy, but it voids your warranty. You simply remove the back cover, take off the white film on the inside of your apple logo, and place a small transparent film of whatever color you want in its place. It is extremely easy, but like I said, it voids your warranty.

OP
C

code777

i was at a Barnes & Noble and some girl had a 12" iBook with a glowing Blue apple, i thought it was real cool but not for me...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
it was colorwarepc.com i almost bought one in the farari red but they were way expensive. the powerbook i got is 800 more than what i paid from apple and thats not even with the upgrades that i did (i used my student discout too). i don't think the looks are worth 800 more. they do ps2's and ipods and regular pc's. stuff looks nice but too much money for me.

Reaction score
worthless.gif

OP
T

tariq

Here are two pics of what the original poster was talking about. Note, we aren't talking about painting the case which some people jumped on.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 109
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.16GHz ^ATI Radeon X1600 256MB ^100GB @ 7200 rpm ^2GB RAM ^Glossy Screen +iPod 4G 20 gigs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
as cool as that may be i dont think i have seen the apple on the back of my display for more than 20 minutes in two years and the joy of me having it would just not be there....

maybe if i saw the backside of my powerbook screen more i'd consider doing it.

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
I was a bit bored and this thread inspired me, so I took some blue film and installed it behind the Apple in my iBook. I think it looks great (can't even tell that it didn't come from the company that way).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
xthisisRomancex said:
i wouild do that but i think i will keep my waranty

My warranty is expired anyway, and after pulling off the outer lid, I'm not sure how a repair center would be aware that I had done it, assuming I removed the film before sending it in for service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
All the newer ones I have seen are white

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.