E mail problem--pulling my hair out.

Reaction score
Since i'm an old PC user, and kind of new to mac, I've never come accross this issue in the past, and it has me baffled.

Up until two weeks ago i had two e-mail addresses in my mail program 1.2.5 (v552/553) -- Example: [email protected] and [email protected]
I removed one of the addresses. [email protected]
Now when I try to retrieve mail from [email protected], this address fails, and mail from [email protected] is retreived. This address is NOT in my mail settings. SO-----
I went ahead and downloaded Thunderbird and set up only [email protected]
and I still only retrieve mail from [email protected] ( I never set this account in Thunderbird )
I guess something is converting the addresses prior to be sent out?
I've run disk repair and deleted all keychaines. That's about the extent of my Mac Knowledge.
I am running MAC X v. 10.2.8
Any help would be GREATLY appriciated.
Thanks In Advance
Ken

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
Check the settings on your email provider. If they are both with the same provider there's a possibility that they are getting mixed up at that end...
To be honest, i havnt got a clue, but thats what id look at if i was in your situation.

Try adding xyz to Thunderbird and see what emails it imports. If the two are mixing up, then xyz should import the emails from the abc account.
Or, if they are very similar names, make sure you havnt added the wrong one by mistake :p

OP
K
Reaction score
lukenn77
Thanks for the response. But, all of my e-mails are set correctly. In fact , the two e-mails in question work fine on my PC's, so this is an issue with only my Mac. Anyone else care to venture a guess? Any help would be appriciated. The next step I would guess is install a new operating system
Ken

Reaction score
Have you tried to create another user account on the Mac to see if it does the same thing from a different account? If it doesn't, then there is likely a bad preference file in your normal account that is causing the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.