Changing HD Icon name

W

wiggy

A friend gave me his old G4 400mhz Powerbook. I am trying to put some games on it for my step kids. The HD Icon is called / as in slash.
When starting the game I get a warning,
The path"/:cda:Desktop:Scholastic's Math Grades K-2" contains a slash (/) or backslash (\) or period (.) Remove character from appropriate folder ...try again.
I click on the / (HD icon) change the name no luck it is still registered as / when I try to startthe game. I reboot it teh HD returns as /.

Should be simple but I am getting a little frustrated!

Any Thoughts
Thanks
w

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
just click the name area, give it a second, itll highlight in light blue, type what you want as a name.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook
If it keeps resetting to "/", try restarting from an install cd and then change it at the desktop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
just select the hd on the desktop, click File>Get info, and change the name there.

OP
W

wiggy

immdb said:
If it keeps resetting to "/", try restarting from an install cd and then change it at the desktop.
OK I found a start up disc 1 OSX - how do I proceed
Thanks
w

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
wiggy said:
I tried from a start up disc...no luck
I also tried from file info etc no even after running DU
agh!
w
in get info, did you click the name and extension tab?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro Quad Xeon 2.66GHz 3GB RAM, G4 Quicksilver w/Sonnet 1GHz Encore ST, 1ghz G4 Powerbook

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.