Anyone happy with iphone?

Reaction score
I want to buy an iphone but I keep reading about all these issues with the iphone 3G and I was wondering if there was anyone who was at least mostly satisfied and liked their iphone 3G. I am sure that Apple has sold...millions (?) of iphone and I was wondering if it was the few 200 people who were not happy or if there are really a lot of issues. No one ever lets people know when things are going fine...only when there are issues. So I would like to hear your happy iphone stories.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone. I've seen a bit of the lag issue with contacts but other than that it's been fine.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
I'm perfectly happy with my iPhone. I've seen a bit of the lag issue with contacts but other than that it's been fine.

Did the latest update eliminate most of the lag in the contacts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes it did. They seem to zip by a lot faster than before but there is still a bit of lag. The lag is mostly getting started. Once it gets going it seems to be fine.

So far it is more reliable than my Treo 700P was.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I want to buy an iphone but I keep reading about all these issues with the iphone 3G and I was wondering if there was anyone who was at least mostly satisfied and liked their iphone 3G. I am sure that Apple has sold...millions (?) of iphone and I was wondering if it was the few 200 people who were not happy or if there are really a lot of issues. No one ever lets people know when things are going fine...only when there are issues. So I would like to hear your happy iphone stories.

Thanks.

I suggest checking out this article for a detailed explanation of what the 3G issues are rooted in. The 2.02 update is supposed to largely address that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro -- 2 Ghz Intel Core Duo / 2 GB Ram / 320GB HD -- iPhone 3G Black 16GB
I love my iPhone!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini, 20" Cinema, wireless keyboard and mouse.
I want one badly!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
i love my iphone. if anything lags, i just go back to home and reopen it and its fine.....(pretty rare)

my iphone owns, my freinds are about to buy them since they saw mine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz MacBook Pro SR
I like mine. It still lags and crashes apps after the 2.0.2 update, but it is still worth it. I had a WM6 phone before this and even though buggy I wouldnt go back.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.4GHz, 250GB HDD, 4GB RAM
I've had the iPhone 3G for two weeks and the device kills. Unfortunately, where I live, work and play (south suburbs of Chicago near Joliet), AT&T's network is TERRIBLE!! I am in Edge or No Service more than 3G even though AT&T's coverage map shows it all should be 3G. I went to the AT&T corporate store and they completely blamed Apple. I went over to Apple who ran diagnostics on the iPhone and told me it's working fine. So as painful as it is, the iPhone is getting returned and I'm moving to another network - one whose 3G service works where I need it to. If AT&T is good in your area, and I check with other iPhone users before you plunge, then the iPhone rocks. If AT&T sucks in your area, the iPhone becomes a pet rock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook core 2 duo 2.1ghz 4gb memory and 8GB iPhone 3G
I've had the iPhone 3G for two weeks and the device kills. Unfortunately, where I live, work and play (south suburbs of Chicago near Joliet), AT&T's network is TERRIBLE!! I am in Edge or No Service more than 3G even though AT&T's coverage map shows it all should be 3G. I went to the AT&T corporate store and they completely blamed Apple. I went over to Apple who ran diagnostics on the iPhone and told me it's working fine. So as painful as it is, the iPhone is getting returned and I'm moving to another network - one whose 3G service works where I need it to. If AT&T is good in your area, and I check with other iPhone users before you plunge, then the iPhone rocks. If AT&T sucks in your area, the iPhone becomes a pet rock.

hmm i read on this forum elsewhere I think that their 3g rolls out full force in november.

Just throwin it out there as a you may want to give it a lil time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Despite the thread I started before, I am overall very happy with my iPhone. Definite room for improvements in functionality and quality, but otherwise a great device. I would buy it all over again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 13.3 White - 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB Ram, 250 GB HDD
I love my iphone and have had zero problems with it.

=)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 13.3" || iMac 20" 2.16 GHz C2D, 250 GB HD, 2 GB RAM, || 32GB i-Phone 4 || 32GB AT&T 3G iPad
Happy with mine. I confident that all the issue that everybody are having fits over will soon be worked out. Most people just need to have something to complain about no matter what. You can't find a device that does or has ever done all the things that the iPhone can do.

Reaction score
Is it just me or is there a background sense of confidence in Apple products that is not present in "the other" brand? I notice in wcarr3's post (and others said as much: "I (am) confident that all the issue that everybody are having fits over will soon be worked out." There seems to be a quiet confidence that even though things are not perfect that is ok - they are going to purchase the product anyway and wait for it to be perfected. What a great attitude you normally don't see with consumers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
From a historical perspective, particularly with the iPod line, Apple has always come through "just enough" to make people keep buying them. I remember the gripes about the first 3 Generations of iPods and Apple did exactly that, just enough, to keep sales up. In the end, very few of the problems were legitimate problems at all.

Reaction score
I'm extremely happy with my iPhone, so much that I bought two white 3Gs.

I bought two partly for the differant numbers but mostly for the extra space. I like having lots of music with me and some videos too. 16GB used to be enough to hold only the music that I purchased in iTunes and not my other music. That was fine, I used my iPod for everything else. So now, I use one for my purchased music and one for other music and videos.

I also keep one plugged into my PowerJolt while I am wprking and it stays on 3G the whole night with email on and I use that one to check things on the net.

The other one gets used as a phone most of the time and stays on edge.

So yeah, I love my iPhones! Oh and I should add that my job involves being in my car about 12 hours a day.

No iPhone crashes, no apps acrashing or not opening, just perfect 3G phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
Is it just me or is there a background sense of confidence in Apple products that is not present in "the other" brand? I notice in wcarr3's post (and others said as much: "I (am) confident that all the issue that everybody are having fits over will soon be worked out." There seems to be a quiet confidence that even though things are not perfect that is ok - they are going to purchase the product anyway and wait for it to be perfected. What a great attitude you normally don't see with consumers.
Comes from previous experience with apple products, I have found bugs in all my iPods and macs when they first come out, but they were always resolved through updates.

Reaction score
Anyone in Hawaii (North Shore, Oahu) having problems with their iPhone. I'm seriously thinking of buying one for my wife and I, but the all the negative stuff I'm reading up on it is kind of bumming me out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.