Anyone happy with iphone?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
Besides the fact the monthly fee is more than what I used to pay

I had the unlimited data plan with the AT&T 8525, the iPhone plan dropped my rate by $10/mo.

But if you don't have a data plan, and some regular "gimme" phone with voice only then you will definitely pay a little more. I think it's worth it for all you can do, especially if you like to be as "connected" as I do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 C2D iMac, 2.4 Black Macbook, a few iPods and an iPhone
I would actually disagree with tis statement. I've used it number of times while out of town on business with my TomTom was no available. Setting the device on you leg or the center console and glancing at it is not particularly dangerous unless you are doing 120 on the interstate. As for safety, it's no less safe than glancing at your Garmin when it's not speaking to you would be.

I don't want to debate which is safer since anything that takes you attention off the road isn't good especially in an unfamiliar area, but a GPS unit attached to the window that's always on> a phone in a cup holder that you have to hit a button or two to bring up; as far as safety is concerned.

The 3G is a remarkable device but not enough to make me upgrade from my 2G iPhone.

Reaction score
Well, I bought it 2 months ago...But I am serously considering to give it away...My right hand after a couple of minutes starts aching...I do not know what happens...radiations? I can only say that the pain sometimes gets to be unbearable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 1st Gen with upgraded Ram and Hard drive
I got my iPhone last Sunday and I LOVE it!

Mainly because I have lusted after one since they were very first launched, son now, 16 months later, I got one.

I was on an extended 24 month contract with Vodafone and was on a £35 a month contract which got me a Sony Ericsson k750i, 500 minutes, 500 texts and a bluetooth headset. However, as I use my mobile phone for business as I don't have a landline, I was spending on average, £44.60 a month as I was going over my 500 limit.

So, I only went in to ask about pricing and so forth and low and behold, I walked out with an 8Gb iphone!

I got my Vodafone number transferred over so now I am 100% iPhone compliant!

So far, love it, battery life is like my touch, but I am expecting it to be running out quick in it's first month of use as I am over using it as it's a new thing for me to use.

GPS, texting, phone calls and 3G internet are all great. Only thing I wish was only a teeny weeny bit better were, the camera, just a bit better information processing would help Apple! and also, movie recording and call recording, but, apart from that, I love it.

If anything it makes me use my phone more often! (so far)

For anyone who's interested, I am on the £45 a month 02 UK price plan which lasts for 18 months. On that I get...

1200 x network anytime minutes
500 texts
Unlimited internet
iPhone 8Gb free

Mel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac, Macbook, Macbook Pro
I wish I had an Iphone but I am stuck with Verizon.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nMP 6-core/32Gb/D700/512Gb: rMBP 15" 2.3GHz/16Gb/512Gb: iPhone 6 128Gb: iPad Air 2 128Gb: NEC PA322U
Oh yes! From WM6 to OSX I love every moment. Games are fantastic too!

Also purchased 2 docks (for home and office) and a pair of Denon C551 ear buds. Best £110 accessory upgrade ever for the device, shame the docks don't come with USB cords tho - at 20 bucks they should!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blk MacBook 2.16 Ghz C2D, 2GB RAM, 160 GB HD OS X & iPhone 4 32GB
I was at first, but not any more!

I hate it and wish I never switched.

Safari crashes to many times and now it freezes on me (see other thread I started).

Reaction score
It's OK, except for the fact that I don't have 3g coverage! I was never told by the A.T.&T. sales rep that 3g was not available in my area! Probably my fault for not asking though. A.T.&T. will not let me out of my contract without paying $175 early termination fee. I am apparently in the old Cellular One coverage area. I get Edge coverage but that's it. A.T.&T. doesn't even have their own towers in my area, (Ulster County, New York State). You can't even get an answer from them as to when I might get 3g coverage. To sum this all up, I should not have bought the Iphone without the much advertised 3g coverage. Yes, no dropped calls, but Edge is just too slow for browsing the web, etc. I believe A.T.&T. stores should be telling people in non 3g areas this fact!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Imac 24, Macbook 13
I had the 1st Gen Iphone, It was good at first, but after 2.0 it was nothing but call drops.
Just swapped to the T-Mobile G1 which seems reliable so far :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" 1Ghz G4  iPhone 3G  10.5.5
Love it!
Have a 3G now and gave my wife my old one. The only complaint I have is Safari crashes WAY too much. Other than that, I've had no problems with either iPhone. :Smirk:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
I love it. First had the original then switched to the 3G. Recently got 3G in the area and I'm loving it. Excellent signal inside my house and excellent call quality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 2.4GHz Core2Duo MacBook Pro, 4GB RAM
I really like my iPhone 3G. I've not experienced any outages or dropped calls and coverage here in the UK seems very good.

Synchronisation via MobileMe is great for me as I'm often noting things and appointments on the move and it's all on my Mac's when i get home.

I've used the maps and directions a lot too and very useful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 uni
My son cannot live without his, I had one a bit big for me have a serene and just ordererd a HTC diamond, love the cover flo apple should have done this:(

Reaction score
After 4 months with my 3G, I cannot imagine not having an iPhone. It's part of my daily life.

I've never had problems with dropped calls or call quality. If anything, I wish that my 3G speed was like some other cities that are 1Mbps+.

I've only had to restore my iPhone once because of the silver Apple screen of death. But, that was before OS 2.1.

I don't use MMS and I don't text very much. I've learned to use the camera to its fullest.

I really want push notifications. That alone would make the iPhone much more functional. Copy & paste is also a must but I'm able to get by for the time being.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White iPod 20 gig color 4th gen, Black 8 gig iPhone 3G, New Macbook Pro 15"
I love the iPhone 3G. I just got my mom one today and she's had the old school BRICK Nokia for YEARS. She just switched over from Verizion and loves it. I used to have the old iPhone but it got water damage, so I got the new one. The only complaint is that Safari crashes every so often, but other than that I love it! I can't imagine having any other phone anymore.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro / Apple iPhone 3G 16gb
I was scared to get an iPhone after having a blackberry for so long but now that I switched to the iphone 3g I realize I've never had a better phone. The only thing about it that bugs me is typing on it but I'm hoping to adjust to that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
My Verizon contract was up and yes I like my 3g i-phone now I am total
AT&T customer with U-Verse ,lanline and mobile.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.